Healthy, Affordable, Sustainable Food for All
Together we can build a better food system..
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Food Policy Council exists to advocate for policies that build a sustainable, equitable and healthy local food system. The goals of our council are to enhance the health of our citizens, strengthen local economies and market opportunities, and reduce hunger and food insecurity.
Our mission is to strengthen our community by:
- Serving as a forum for discussing food issues
- Building relationships in the food system
- Educating, advocating for, and communicating policy issues
- Acting as a primary information source for food related issues
How You Can Help
Giving online has never been more secure, convenient or hassle-free with our one-click donation. We also do accept standard cash and check donations.
Become a Volunteer
You can get involved today by becoming a Volunteer. Sign up and you will be joining a group of change-makers, a network strong enough to impact positive change in the lives of children.
Join Our Panel of Experts
Join a group of food system leaders that help to guide and strengthen the work led by the CMFPC. We will lean on you for insight on major issues and topics and how the CMFPC can be serve the Char-Meck food community
- Market Maps!Finally! Here are the complete Charlotte area Market maps, in english and spanish!
- “Vaccine to Farm”—Covid-19 Vaccination EventWhen: Farm visits will be arranged between dates of May 17th – 28th, 2021 Where: Atrium Staff will be delivering Covid-19 vaccine directly to you at your farm or agricultural business Who can get the vaccination at this event? Farmers, farmworkers, workers/owners of agricultural businesses and family and friends Anyone 16 years or older (Pfizer) Anyone 18 years or older (Moderna, Johnson & Johnson) IContinue reading ““Vaccine to Farm”—Covid-19 Vaccination Event”
- Our mission is to strengthen our community by:Serving as a forum for discussing food issues Building relationships in the food system Educating, advocating for, and communicating policy issues Acting as a primary information source for food related issues